Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Job Update 2

Doug flew out this past weekend to go in front of the grievence panel to plead for his job back. No such luck. They called today to say they won't give it back. So now he's back to looking for a job but it's proving to be very difficult finding a driving job since everyone wants at least 2 years clean driving record. Up until now I've been pretty cool about the whole thing, the only reason being is there was still hope that he would get it back. But since we found out, I've been a basket case. I thought it was very cute, however, after I had gotten off the phone with my mom, Olivia saw how upset I was and she comes over to me, puts her arm around my shoulders, pushes my head onto her shoulder and tells me it'll be okay. She then goes and gets me a glass of water and says that a drink of water will make me feel better. If only it was that easy.

8 comments:

Siouxsie said...

I'm SOOO sorry to hear about that. I can't imagine how stressful this has to be. We'll be keeping you in our prayers.

The Eccles said...

AH, I can't imagine! I wonder what the Lord has in store for your family? Hang in there, try to stay positive!

Michelle and James said...

My heart aches for you guys and I can't help but get emotional about it every time I think about it. You are in our prayers. We all feel that things will be fine but who knows what the road will be like to get there. Let us know what we can do. We love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

When I was going through bad times with my ex during the first almost divorce, Tony was about 5. He would see me crying in my bedroom and bring me his favorite teddy bear and quietly put it in my arms, and walk away. They try to fix you with what helps them or the way you try to help them. Sometimes all the teddy bears in the world won't make the hurt go away.

Marissa said...

Jami, I'm so sorry! It stinks that they wouldn't let him come back after being such a good employee for so long. That's just terrible. I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better. You know you can always call whenever you want to talk.

McKell Family said...

Jami, I am so sad for you. It seems just when life is easy the Lord throws arrows and sometimes hits too close to the bulls-eye. It hurts enough to break you for a while but you have to hang in there. There is a purpose and a lesson even if it takes a while to discover. I wish there was someting I could say to help. I have a friend who used to manage California Overnight when he lived there in Vancouver. He is, just this year, promoted to the regional manager here in Utah. If you want me to talk to him, I will.I know how hard it is. Call me anytime. We still have our 360 numbers. I think about you often.
-Heather

Becca said...

I'm sorry to hear that he has lost his job! Is that with UPS? I hope that he is able to find work again quickly

Becca said...

Well, I am sorry to hear about how things have worked out (or not) with UPS. I didn't even know that you were coming here? When will you be here? I have a sister and a friend coming into town in October but lets try to do it. I think walkers know how to get ahold of us. I don't know how to get ahold to them. I have no email or phone number for them.