Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm seeing red

For the longest time I've wanted a red kitchen but have been too afraid to paint it. About a year ago we were given six gallons of paint from a neighbor who was moving. We finally decided to do something with that paint.
First we had to prime the walls and since two out of the six gallons of paint were pink, we used that. (sorry for the messy kitchen)





Then we put the first coat of red on. I went around with the roller while Doug used the trimmer. It looked like Valentine's Day.


We then added another coat of red and then another. Altogether, four coats of paint and four days later. We love the end result!



(Above: Notice the line on the ceiling next to the lights? That's water damage from our washing machine, somehow the hose worked itself out of the drain and was draining water onto the floor in the laundry room. Our next project, once Doug gets a job.)
We had a day of rest then it was on to painting the living room. Just a boring Vanilla Custard color so you can't really tell the difference.

3 comments:

The Eccles said...

I love the red! Good Job! I too am afraid of color, I just painted my first room(green) in December.

Michelle and James said...

That is awesome. I have to say we love red kitchens too. Looks good. I was really nervous about painting ours but James dit it while I was at work so I wouldn't freek out during the process.

Anonymous said...

That's so brave I read about the painting on fb, but these are the first pics. Well done! You have me beat. all of my walls are a very unstylish color of cream. I give you 5 gold stars for braving such a project with little Olivia and Aiden running around. I miss everyone. nat