Monday, March 23, 2009

The Principle's Office

Today we get a phone call from Shannon's school teacher telling us she brought a pocket knife to school and was caught showing it to another student. I was shocked! It turns out she was sent to the principle's office because of it and apparently it really shook her up. She was in tears telling Doug about it. I feel terrible because she would NEVER have taken it to school to hurt, scare or threaten anyone. She is so innocent when it comes to things like that. So tonight we had a family home evening lesson about weapons and how things as small as a pocket knife could be used to hurt someone. We've talked in the past about how there are lots of bad people out there, stranger danger and all that but I still don't think she really gets it. She likes to think that everyone is good.


It breaks my heart to see her struggle so much with grasping simple instructions and concepts. For some reason her wiring in her brain is a little screwed up. And I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just hoping this is something that she'll eventually outgrow. I love my daughter so much and I wish there was something I could do to make life a bit easier for her. I dread the time when she will start getting teased about having to go to special ed classes. She is the most loving girl and tries so hard. I'm so proud of her.



(2 yrs.)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What an interesting FHE to have. :-)
Hopefully she learned from all that excitement. She is a very sweet girl.

Marissa said...

Oh, poor Shannon. She really is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. You're very blessed. :)